It’s the most important meal of the day! It’s Fruit and Oats Breakfast Muffins with Fruit Yogurt Glaze.
In collaboration with Nutriday
So you must have seen the awesome new #nutridaybreakfastparty campaign from our favorite yogurt brand in South Africa, Nutriday. They have challenged a few fellow foodies, including myself, to create the ultimate breakfast recipe, using their stunning range of yogurts. Best yet, you can win R1000 simply by voting for your favorite recipe (mine of course) and you can do so EVERY DAY, to better your chances. So do it! (this competition is closed).
How to make Fruit and Oats Breakfast Muffins
If you love breakfast as much as I do, you will just love this simple Fruit and Oats Breakfast Muffins with Fruit Yogurt Glaze – it will transform your mornings in a real breakfast party since you can prep and bake these glorious little morsels wayyyy ahead of time…
Butter, sugar, eggs and flour. The best combination for a fluffy and drool worthy muffin. I added oats, banana AND grated apple into the muffin mix. Top it off with a yummy yogurt glaze and you are ready to roll.
These Fruit and Oat Breakfast Muffins Freeze Well
The best best BEST thing about them is that they freeze pretty darn well, which makes the morning rush much more calming and relaxing. You can also pop one or two in the lunchboxes, I mean, just bring out the champagne already…
So if you think my recipe is worthy of your vote, head on over to Nutriday’s Facebook page, give them a like, and click on this link to vote. Here’s to hoping everyone’s morning turns out to be a paaaartai! (please note this competition is closed).
|Prep Time||20 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 200 gr all purpose flour
- 5 ml baking powder
- 5 ml salt
- 5 ml ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup plain Nutriday yogurt
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 180 gr grated apple
- 150 gr mashed banana
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Nutriday Fruit Cocktail Yogurt
- nutty granola to garnish
- With an electric hand mixer, combine the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and fully incorporate each in the batter.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix again.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and mix until just incorporated. Don't over mix.
- Gently fold in the yogurt, oats, apple and banana.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners and fill the papers 3/4 of the way.
- Bake in a preheated oven, at 180 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool after baking time.
- In the meantime prepare the glaze by bringing the pineapple, sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- After reducing for 5 minutes, remove from heat and leave to cool. Blend with a stick blender until smooth.
- Add the Nutriday Fruit Cocktail yogurt and blitz once more.
- Generously drizzle the glaze over the muffins, garnish with nutty granola and serve with preserves and cheese.
You can add a handful of your favorite nuts or seeds to the muffin batter before baking.