Weekday dinners can get pretty boring sometimes, don’t you think? Also, there is simply not enough hours in the day. To get through the gigantic to-do-lists and prepare healthy dinners for your family that doesn’t take up all your time, can be very frustrating.
Say hello to Creamy Dijon Chicken!
If you are a fan of mustard, this recipe of Creamy Dijon Chicken is just the one for you. It is a deliciously low carb, creamy dish that can be served with roasted veggies, zucchini noodles or sweet potato mash. Or if you feel like you need your daily carb fix, serve it with steamed basmati rice or tagliatelle.
Either way, it is a easy and simple meal, one of those everybody needs, dinner is ready in no time!
Like this one.
In this recipe I used my ultimate kitchen cheat – Greek Yogurt. Not only does it last longer than fresh cream in the fridge, it adds the creamy element to dishes with a little tang, ideal to use if you want to accentuate bold flavors, like mustard. Hope you give this one a go!
|Prep Time||5 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 chicken breast fillets chopped in small pieces
- chicken spice to season chicken
- 1 brown onion sliced
- 2 cups full cream yogurt
- 4 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- salt and black pepper to season
- Heat the butter in a frying pan, and brown the seasoned chicken. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Saute the onion until translucent, if you need to add a bit more butter or olive oil for this you can. Add the yogurt and heat through.
- Add the mustard and simmer the sauce for a few minutes.
- Add the browned chicken, and serve hot with your choice of starch or veggies.
Love the way this recipe looks! Can’t wait to try it at home. I am obsessed with Dijon Mustard and making it with chicken is by far one of my favorite ways to use it. Thanks for this Anina!