Weekends are just magical! I am sure you are already planning an awesome get together with friends or family. If you are unsure what to present for snacks this weekend – look no further – for I have the perfect solution.
Crudites are not only a fresh and healthy outlook on an idea for snacks, but it is also super delicious and wholesome! We all know it’s best to include fresh and organic fruits and veggies into our diets. When you entertain with this Crudite Platter, you will be making your vegan and plant based friends, the happiest on earth. This Crudite Platter really takes no effort to put together, and you can wow your veggie loving guests with beautiful fresh produce that they simply would not be able to resist.
Just to let you know for those of you that wondered: Crudite literally means ‘uncooked vegetables/food’ and has its origin from French culinary history. Use a variety of raw vegetables served with a dipping sauce like a vinaigrette or cream cheese, or even better homemade hummus. Crudites are by far the perfect vegan/vegetarian snack for summer.
You can combine any of your favourite vegetables for this versatile snack, and you can even throw in a few pieces of fresh fruit for the sweet tooth.
I used veggies that are in season at the moment: from radishes to broccoli, olive and cucumber sosaties; baby corn and green beans and a delicious creamy tomato and basil mayonnaise.
|Prep Time||15 min|
- 1 broccoli head cut into florets
- 1 cauliflower head cut into florets
- 2 cups baby corn rinsed
- bell peppers of different colours cut into rings
- 1/2 cucumber cut into strips
- 1/2 cucumber sliced into rounds for kebabs
- 1 cup radishes sliced
- 1 cup pitted olives for kebabs
- 300 gr cheddar cheese cut into squares for kebabs
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced into strips
- 1 carrot peeled and cut into rounds for kebabs
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes half of it halved for kebabs
- 1 cup fine green beans washed
- 1 pineapple cored and peeled, cut into squares for kebabs
- 1 cup strawberries cut in half for kebabs
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- spring onion for garnish
- bunch toothpicks
- So this is the fun part! You can really arrange your veggies like you want on your plate, playing around with the beautiful colors of the veggies.
- Fruit kebabs – skewered on a toothpick with pineapple and strawberry.
- Olive kebabs – olives skewered on a toothpick with a piece of cheese and cucumber.
- Tomato kebabs – half a cherry tomato skewered on a toothpick with a piece of cucumber and carrot.
- Arrange the rest of the ingredients on plate with the kebabs.
- Mix the cream cheese with the mayonnaise and garnish plate with finely cut spring onion.
- Enjoy for a deliciously healthy snack with a few of your best mates and your favorite wine!