A brand new easy and super delicious recipe to share with you guys today. The kids are officially on holiday, and if these little Doughnut Bites with Chocolate Ganache won’t make them giddy with holiday excitement, I don’t know what will. Ok, maybe that long letter to Santa might win…
We all love Doughnuts
It is the season to celebrate, indulge and sparkle; and this recipe of Doughnut Bites with Chocolate Ganache is no exception. I love how a simple bite can be transform into something magical! These little dessert nuggets, are perfect for a treat ANY time of day. I mean, who does not love doughnuts?
These lovely Doughnut Bites with Choc Ganache are featured in the December issue of the Hello Joburg Magazine, did you spot it? I am out of my skin to see some of my work being published! I absolutely love creating recipes for like minded foodie friends, can you tell?
Doughnuts for Breakfast?
Get the coffee pots brewing for this ultimate Christmas morning treat. They are so easy to make and can be whipped up in no time. Even better when you get the teens in the house gathered to help you out. Treat the special people this festive season with something deliciously home made and decadent. Right?
How to make Doughnut Bites
The batter for these doughnuts are ridiculously easy to make. Simply deep fry these beauties, dunk them in castor sugar and serve it with a dreamy chocolate ganache.
Hope you get to try these this holiday. Share your sweetest treats with me, ok?
More of my festive sweet treats include:
Ginger, Coconut and Caramel Bars
Pumpkin Doughnut Bites with Dark Chocolate
Choc Meringues with Nuts, Lemon and Honey
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||30 min|
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- dash vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- oil for frying
- castor sugar to coat
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the egg and add the milk, yogurt and essence. Mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix. Add the butter and mix until incorporated. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in an deep saucepan until hot, oil your hands and roll small balls of dough.
- Deep fry them until golden brown. Drain and coat with castor sugar.
- For the ganache, melt the butter, milk and chocolate over a double boiler until melted.
- Serve doughnut bites with ganache.