Dear friends. I am stoked to be back home and in front of my laptop again. I know how that must sound. “But, HOLIDAYS!” you might shout.
Even though I am still technically on holiday, I couldn’t not share this awesome sweet treat with you today, so spare a few minutes before you get back in the pool, k?
I enjoy this special time with friends and family so much. I know you do too… I actually enjoy it much more when it involves baking (and buckets full of giggles) with them and these little morsels are the perfect recipe to try.
If you happened to have a few eggs laying around, a slab of chocolate, some nuts or dried fruit – all you really need to have to complete these delicious chocolate meringues, is loads of love, some company and a squeeze of honey.
These Chocolate Meringues with Nuts, Honey and Lemon were such a hit. The crowd over at our house literally ate it off the tray.
The addition of lemon zest to these meringues made it complete, with a little citrus after the sweet of the meringue and dark chocolate.
It is definitely a great recipe to try over the holidays. And, I hope you saw that you can now purchase Aninas Recipes Vol 2 – just click here. It’s a pleasure!
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||30 min|
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 200 gr dark chocolate slabs
- 1 cup mixed nuts chopped or add dried fruit
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 lemons zest retained
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In an electric mixer, beat the egg whites on high until it has soft peaks.
- Gradually add the sugar, while beating on high.
- Beat for another 3 minutes until glossy and sticky. Meanwhile, carefully melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Add two tablespoons of melted chocolate and swirl through meringue.
- Scoop into a piping bag and pipe little roses, about four in a row.
- Bake at 160 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes, until set.
- Pour the rest of the melted chocolate over the meringues, followed by nuts or dried fruit, honey and lemon zest.
- Allow to cool and serve.