We are almost halfway through the year. Can you believe it? What happened to the last three months?
Oh wait, I know. My face has been stuck in front of this pc twenty-four-seven, for the last three months getting my new website up and running, and I can’t love it enough!!
What do you think??
It might be a different look and feel to what you guys were used to, but let me tell you, the navigation on the site is heaven and don’t you just love the ‘print recipe’ feature?
I’m also impressed with the workings of my search tool on the site. It allows you to search recipes by course or by ingredient – very nifty indeed.
So back to the recipe. I’ve had this one in my drafts folder for a while and even though I would rather share the most mouthwatering beef stew I styled and shot this week, I think this quick and easy recipe will be much more appreciated since it’s WEDNESDAY. And you need to cook something speedy, filling and delicious for the family tonight.
I used leftover chicken breast fillet meat from a whole roast chicken we had the previous day. Get your buns to the shop to get a few buns (it’s only me laughing at this) and you’re halfway there.
I used some simple garam masala and smoked paprika spice and mixed it with a creamy mayo and yogurt combo to smother the shredded chicken with. Top with cheese and a quick parsley butter for a fuss free dinner. Don’t forget the feta!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- pinch smoked paprika
- pinch garam masala
- pinch chili flakes
- 2 cups shredded chicken from leftover roast
- 4 tablespoons soft butter
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped fine
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 wheels feta to top
- 4 hot dog rolls or any bun of your choice
- In a mixing bowl combine the yogurt and mayonnaise.
- Add the spices and mix.
- Now combine the creamy mayo with your shredded chicken.
- Carefully hollow out four hot dog buns.
- Fill the bread with chicken mayo mix.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Grill in the oven until bubbly and melted.
- Meanwhile, combine the butter with the parsley and refrigerate until use.
- When the subs are done grilling, sprinkle with crumbed feta and serve hot with parsley butter.
Congrats Anina… (and hubby)
Beautiful, Beautiful, Gorgeous… What more can one say… Really well worked, easy navigate and as you say tHe PRINT PAge… I love it…!!! maybe love it a bit to much.. wink wink…