I just love leftovers, what about you? We don’t waste anything here at Aninas Recipes HQ, as a matter of fact, I have come into the habit of planning every single meal we have. It’s a good idea for multiple of reasons. The first, and by far the best is the fact that you don’t have to stare blankly at your oven before dinnertime, trying to get inspiration from the cooking hob. Then, it makes grocery shopping a breeze and we spend less as well. And, NO WASTE! So, start planning!
So this recipe of Gammon and Cheddar Omelette came about as I had leftover gammon in the fridge after a most delicious Sunday feast – similar to this one.
The smoky pork worked well with delicious cheddar cheese, and a good dollop of tomato and chilli jam could just be a game changer here…
And who doesn’t love a wholesome and delicious breakfast? You could also substitute the gammon with smoked ham or salami if you have those in the fridge.
I simply love omelettes in the morning. It is the perfect low carb start to the day, like this amazing Biltong and Cream Cheese Omelette or the Caramelized Onion, Bacon and Gouda Omelette and one more, Fresh Herb, Mozarella and Creamy Mushroom Omelette. What’s your favorite combo?
|Prep Time||5 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sliced gammon or ham
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt and black pepper to season
- chopped chives to garnish
- tomato and chili jam to serve
- Melt the butter in a non stick pan.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and pour into a the pan, allow to cook through.
- Flip the omelette and leave to cook for a minute.
- Add the gammon/ham and cheese, allow cheese to melt.
- Remove from pan and garnish with fresh chives.
- Serve with tomato and chili jam.