I am a complete sucker for tray bake dinners. Why would I not be? It’s simple, takes very little effort, delicious and most important of all – less dishes!!!
This recipe of Sausage and Vegetable Tray Bake with Mint is no exception, and it also has another rather attractive benefit – it’s cheap. Lets face it. Cheap, easy and no fuss midweek dinners are key here. Oh, and it is low carb – so I recommend adding a few potato wedges in there for the non banters…
So, this recipe basically came about when I was cleaning out the fridge. I had leftover sausage or boerewors from yesterdays braai, and a bunch of vegetables that needed chowing and a rather unattractive bunch of mint. Add crème fraiche when you serve this delicious, easy dinner and you have kicked dinnertime in its butt.
I don’t think it gets much simpler than this, guys. Less dishes makes this mamma very happy, and even more so, a delicious carb free dinner.
Hope you give it a go!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||50 min|
- 2 cups chopped butternut
- 2 cups chopped sweet potato
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 red onion segmented
- drizzle olive oil
- salt and black pepper to season
- 500 gr beef sausage
- fresh mint to serve
- creme fraiche to serve
- Arrange the chopped vegetables in an oven safe baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season.
- Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Cut the sausage into small bites, remove the tray from the oven and add the sausage between the vegetables.
- Roast for another 20 – 25 minutes until vegetables are soft and sausages are done.
- Garnish with fresh mint and serve with crème fraiche.
Hi there! I like the sound of this recipe. The only problem I have is, you didn’t say what temperature to have the oven. I’d love to know what temperature you used.