I might be a bit weird, but sometimes I totally crave vegetables. Is it just me? I couldn’t wait to get my hands on some fresh veggies and my local greengrocer also had bunches of beautiful fresh coriander.
So, you know the story right? You kind of do what you do in a shop, standing in line and dreaming up dishes and combinations. See, I told you I was weird…
All daydreaming aside, this recipe of Grilled Vegetables with Coriander Pesto came out pretty darn tasty. It left me satisfied and happy. Yes, I am the only one weird enough to get giddy about veggies…
I made a quick coriander pesto by combining blanched almonds, parmesan, garlic and olive oil with the fresh coriander leaves in a pestle and mortar. It is a great way to get rid of cropped up frustrations, by the way. I simply chopped up the veggies, drizzled it with oil, roasted it in the oven and served it with fresh home made pesto.
It is a great vegetarian recipe and it also scores high points with the banters, because it is low carb and all. Add pieces of grilled chicken and cooked couscous, and you have a meal fit for Kings. Enjoy!
Roasted veggies has never been this good!
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||40 min|
- 1 cup butternut chopped
- 1 cup sweet potato chopped
- 1 cup zucchini chopped
- 1 onion peeled and quartered
- 15 ml olive oil
- salt and black pepper to season
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- fresh coriander to serve
- First off, arrange all the vegetables in an oven safe dish, season and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 40 minutes until soft at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Meanwhile add the coriander, almonds, parmesan and garlic in a pestle and mortar or food processor if you want, pound or blend these ingredients adding a oil as you go a long.
- More oil will result in a less dense pesto.
- Serve grilled vegetables with pesto and fresh coriander.