I don’t know about you, but I love jams! I probably keep 4 different types of jams in my fridge. There is nothing like hot baked bread, spread with butter and your favorite dollop of jam. I enjoy my jam on anything!
These appetizing and crumbly pastry pockets, baked to perfection, are sure to become a desired nibble at any occasion. Careful though, one can simply not resist them when they are freshly made, you might just indulge a little too much!!
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
|Prep Time||2 hours, including refrigeration time|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 250 gr butter room temperature
- 2 cups jam any flavor of your choice
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients together ( except the jam), by grating the butter into the mixture.
- Rub the butter into the flour with your finger tips until crumbly.
- Mix well until you have a manageable dough. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- After cooling, roll dough on a floured surface until about ½ cm thick.
- Use any size cookie cutter, as long as you can close it up to create a pocket. Cut the dough into round disks.
- Add spoonfuls of your favorite jam in the middle, cross the dough over and use a little bit of cold water to tighten the edges.
- Brush a tiny bit of egg wash on the pockets. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius, until it is golden brown for about 20 minutes.
Share this Recipe