When you are lucky enough to be parents, sometimes this job description comes with some weird responsibilities. One of those responsibilities might be earning the title as the master baker. Like for instance when your kid has to be Bakerman at school, or if they have to send cake for bake sale or whatever it is they call it these days…
I don’t to icing very well, and this drizzle is my go to topping for most of my baking escapades. They taste pretty damn jummy.
Don’t despair, moms, because this recipe of Lemon and Vanilla Cupcakes are ‘fool proof’. Yup, no one can mess this one up…
These deliciously fluffy cupcakes consists of a one bowl vanilla cake mix, with added lemon zest and vanilla, topped with the easiest, lemon icing drizzle.
No more stressing out when you need to impress the kids. Make baking time fun, by getting the little ones to participate, even if it is only the tasting! Hope you get to try it out!
It can also be a pretty great sneaky treat for mom…
|Prep Time||5 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- lemon zest from two lemons
- Chuck all the ingredients for the cake in an electric mixing bowl and mix on high speed for 2 minutes, until fully incorporated.
- Fill muffin liners ¾ full and bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius / until a tester comes out clean.
- In a saucepan, heat the sugar and lemon juice until sugar dissolves.
- Carefully pour spoonfuls of syrup over the hot cupcakes as they come out of the oven. Leave to cool.
- Mix the confectioners sugar with a few drops of lemon juice (add a little at a time) until you have a slightly runny icing.
- Drizzle the icing over cooled cupcakes and garnish with zest.