Hey, look at that. It’s Friday! Don’t you just love waking up on a Friday? Knowing that you have two magical days of rest ahead? I sure do, and I might be a bit more giggly and giddy on a Friday than any other day of the week. Only because this weekend I will be indulging in something delicious. I mean, it was hard enough to get back to gym this week…
Give a girl a break, would you?
So let us all indulge in these delicious Pumpkin Doughnut Bites with Dark Chocolate Drizzle this weekend! Are you with me?
It can’t be that bad, right. I mean, pumpkin IS a vegetable and WHO AM I KIDDING?
These little bites consists of an easy pumpkin doughnut batter, deep fried until golden, smothered in castor sugar and drizzled with melted dark chocolate. Only a gazillion or so calories, no biggy.
This recipe is very versatile. You can omit the castor sugar (and chocolate if you really really feel like it) and smother the doughnuts in a quick caramel sauce for the most divine pumpkin fritters. Serve it as a side to your favourite roasts for Sunday lunch. If you aren’t keen on pumpkin doughnuts you could try this non-pumpkin Doughnut Bites with Chocolate Ganache. Either way, have a great weekend!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 1 1/2 cup cooked pumpkin mashed
- 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs whisked
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- oil to deep fry
- 2 cups castor sugar
- 100 gr dark chocolate bar
- First off, leave the cooked, mashed pumpkin to drain and cool.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, eggs, salt and cinnamon with the mashed pumpkin until incorporated.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan and using a spoon, scoop the batter into the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper and transfer to a bowl with the castor sugar. Coat the fritters with the sugar and set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the pumpkin doughnuts and serve.