There is no way to describe this dish other than SUPER! I had to use that word, because it literally is a super salad. Packed with SUPER healthy, fresh and tasty ingredients, this Mango and Rice Super Salad can be your next potluck dish, side dish to a healthy and meaty roast, or simply a meal on it’s own.
The Salad that Keeps on Giving
Nourishing your body with the recommended 5 a day can be a tough task if you are not used to eating an array of fresh ingredients. This salad makes eating healthy a breeze. It is packed with nutritious (and not to mention delicious) ingredients. If you have cooked rice (think leftovers here guys…) this salad is super quick to throw together. The best part is that it can last for up to a week in the fridge. Desk lunch sorted!
Mango Salad Dreams
Since including a bit more plant based foods into my diet, I seem to be craving the weirdest combos. The usual salad suspects like lettuce, tomato and cucumber seems totally boring and so 90’s. Right? Instead, I dream of adding stone fruits, watermelon and mango into my normal green salads and I am loving it.
Gluten Free and Vegan Salad
Rice makes its appearance often on our dinner table. Never have I loved leftovers more. Since it is gluten free, I tend to lean towards brown and wild rice for my plant based salads. Any grain will work well here, think of protein rich quinoa and a quick dirty couscous. This salad is totally vegan and plant based, so you can just go ahead and dive right in.
It consists of brown and wild rice, fresh mango, radish, celery, red onion, fresh chili, spring onion, cranberries, fresh herbs, toasted seeds and toasted coconut. SUPER!
More fresh and healthy salad recipes:
Cucumber, Corn and Sprout Salad with Thai Dressing
Simple Tomato Salad with Parsley and Walnut Pesto
Warm Butternut, Chickpea and Spinach Salad
Easy Vegan Green Goddess Salad Dressing
|Prep Time||15 min|
as a side
- 2 cups cooked brown and wild rice
- 2 cups chopped fresh mango
- 4 small radishes sliced fine
- 2/3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 red chili medium chopped fine
- 1 green medium chili chopped fine
- 1 medium red onion finely sliced
- 1/2 cup spring onion chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate rubies
- 1/2 cup toasted seeds sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup each, freshly chopped herbs parsley, mint, coriander
- 1 lemon juice from one lemon
- salt and pepper to season
- Mix all the ingredients in a massive salad bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Portion salad into work lunch jars, or containers for the fridge. Serve as a main or as a side.