I didn’t want to leave the comfort of my bedroom today, friends. Not trying to make you green with envy, but I am in bed as we speak – or rather I was in bed when I wrote this… Sorry! (But not really..)
Even though it is freezing around the Southern parts of the world, I still decided to share this easy recipe of Spinach and Sweet Potato Salad with you today. Don’t be fooled by the “salad” here, this meal can also be served warm with your comforting roasts this winter…
It is the perfect lunch time meal when you need to get your veggie vitamins fix, or could be great as a vegetarian dinner too.
You can find this recipe (among other delicious treats) in my very first eCookbook – so go on and download it for a pretty rad cookbook must-have. It’s FREE!
If you want to serve this delicious Spinach and Sweet Potato Salad warm – simply saute the spinach in a little butter and top it with the roasted sweet potato as it comes out the oven.
Sprinkle with some fresh sprouts and you are good to go.
I quite like warm vegetables salads on a cold day and this Butternut, Rocket and Feta Salad with Balsamic Glaze should totally be on that list! Don’t forget to get your FREE Aninas Recipes Volume 1 eCookbook and remember to sign up for my monthly newsletter to receive awesome recipe ideas. Cheers!
|Prep Time||5 min|
|Cook Time||30 min|
- 15 ml olive oil
- 2 large chopped sweet potato
- salt and black pepper to season
- 2 cups swiss chard spinach chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter to saute spinach if you like it warm
- 1 cup sprouts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 lemon juice retained
- In an oven safe roasting tray, arrange the sweet potato and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season and roast in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius until soft.
- In a mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise with mustard and lemon juice. Mix.
- In a salad bowl, add the cut spinach, or sauteed spinach if you want to serve it warm, roasted sweet potatoes and sprouts.
- Serve with mustard mayo.