Do yourselves a favor and bake this No Rise Cheese and Herb bread over the weekend. Not because I’m bossy and just told you so, but because there’s loads of reasons why you actually should, that is totally legit.
First: High five to no rise breads. Yes, no yeast in this recipe! Taking the mission out of your prep, because no one wants to wait forty minutes before it even hits the oven.
Second: It’s crammed full of delicious flavors from fresh herbs and pesto. If these herbs came out of your garden, you get an extra star from me.
Third: It’s cheesy. No need to explain.
Forth: I’ve been having No Rise Cheese and Herb Bread every day for lunch for the last three days. Store in an airtight container and you’ll have a delicious bite all week long.
Fifth: Carbs. That is all.
Treat the kids after school or just pop a slice or two in hubby’s lunch box. It is also magical to serve along side your weekly roasts or weekend braais AND guess what I’m having with my next bowl of SOUP?
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||35 min|
- 2,5 cups self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to season
- 2 cups mature cheddar cheese grated
- handful fresh parsley finely chopped
- handful fresh coriander finely chopped
- handful fresh mint finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 cups thick plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and prepare a standard size loaf pan with non stick spray or butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the self raising flour, sugar, salt, pepper and chopped herbs. Mix well.
- Then add the grated cheese to the dry ingredients and mix it through.
- In a smaller mixing bowl combine the pesto, yogurt and eggs and mix well.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Scoop the batter into the loaf pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Top the batter with halved cherry tomatoes.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
This looks so yummy! will have to try it. ☺