When the craving for chocolate hit me, boy did it get me hard! I was tempted to bake something chocolaty earlier in the week, but since I am trying real hard not to eat too many sweets during the week – my ‘cheat Friday’ couldn’t come any faster.
This recipe of Chocolate Brownies with Rolo Centre is so decadent and addicting that you just HAVE to finish all of it at once to prevent any more temptation. If you think that I have lost my mind – I can assure you – I can easily finish ALL of these delicious bites.
I tried a normal brownie recipe, and adapted it slightly by adding less sugar – yes less sugar everyone – as the rolo chocolates can be so sugary. If you don’t know what type of chocolate Rolo’s are; it is a milk chocolate wheel with a gooey toffee caramel centre. That says it all – totally sweet – three of these alone will give your taste buds a shiver. However that didn’t stop me at all to use these great chocolate delights as a centre for my chocolate brownies.
I hope you all enjoy my Choc Brownies with Rolo Centre this weekend. I bet you will be tempted to try these every weekend, let the kids help by mixing this easy choc brownie batter and make some memories in the kitchen this weekend!!
Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celcius and spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray. This recipe delivers 2 dozen mini choc brownie cups.
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||12 min|
- 150 gr butter softnened
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 24 rolo chocolates
- Add the butter, sugar, cocoa and salt in a microwavable dish. Microwave until butter is melted.
- Gently stir all the ingredients together until incorporated. Add to the microwave if the butter needs more melting.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix it through.
- Now add the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Lastly add the flour and mix until incorporated, you should now be left with a sticky, shiny wet batter.
- Add spoonsful of batter into the muffin pan ¾ full. Add a rolo to each cup.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 190 degrees Celsius - have your oven rack set on the lower half of the oven.