A few days ago I bought a huge tray of the most beautiful peaches I have ever seen.
They were incredibly sweet and of enormous size, so I decided to make a delicious Peach Cobbler before they expired.
If you are a fan of a baked, fruity dessert – this Peach Cobbler might be right up your alley. Fresh peaches are baked in a fluffy, sweet and spicy batter completed by adding a sugary, vanilla, condensed milk syrup and served with whipped cream. You will be in heaven…
This recipe is pretty versatile in itself and the peaches can be substituted with fresh pineapple, apples or even berries.
A homemade vanilla custard would work great here too.
Delicious home made goodness!
This Peach Cobbler is such a comforting dessert – I can only imagine the delight when this makes its appearance after a delicious Sunday roast. I also used a similar method for this Sticky Pineapple Tart – and believe me when I say that after a few days in the fridge, this dessert gets better and better. What is your favorite fruity dessert?
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||40 min|
- 60 gr butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large peaches peeled and segmented
- cinnamon sugar to dust
- 1 tin sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons water
- 10 ml vanilla essence
- First off, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated.
- Sift the flour and baking powder, add the salt and spices and add the milk as you mix it all through.
- Transfer the batter to an oven safe dish of about 20 x 30 cm.
- Add the segmented peaches to the batter, push a few pieces into the batter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake in the oven, at 180 degrees Celsius for 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the condensed milk, water and vanilla and heat in the microwave until runny.
- As the cobbler comes out the oven, prick the baked batter and pour the hot syrup over the baked goodness.
- Serve with whipped cream or homemade custard.
Looks delicious and would taste yummy😋