I am such a sucker for fresh basil pesto. I had a tub left over from the weekend that I was just burning to use, and I am constantly on the prowl for ingredients in my kitchen to combine it with.
Basil Pesto is one of those components that I would combine with absolutely anything. If I know that I have a tub of this delicious fresh flavor waiting patiently in the fridge to be used, I think of everything imaginable to use it with.
When I was making toast this morning, with pieces of butter melting away – I had a glimpse of the basil pesto in the fridge and even thought of a way to add it to my breakfast! I thought that basil pesto on a piece of toast isn’t the best idea ever, so I was left with my idea to hang on until lunch.
And whala!! A beautiful fresh Pesto Pasta Salad was born!
This is a great recipe for a quick lunch or even a dinner that consists of no meat. The first thought that came to mind to use my basil pesto was to create something easy and something nifty that required no fuss and a delightful finish.
Why the word Nifty you may ask?
Nifty because this dish is nifty in a way that it can be transformed into a great dinner meal, by adding your favorite cuts of meat like chicken or beef strips.
By adding other ingredients like olives or feta cheese, you can instantly create an exciting Mediterranean dish that the whole family can enjoy.
This Pesto Pasta Salad can by enjoyed hot or cold, and served up with delicious grated parmesan is the finest way to enjoy this great meal. I hope you find this recipe as wholesome and flavorsome as I have!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
- 4 cups pasta screws cooked
- 15 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms halved
- 1 cup rosa tomatoes halved
- 1 small green pepper finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- salt and pepper to season
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated, to serve
- In a medium sauce pan or wok, heat the olive oil and sauté the garlic. Add the rest of the vegetables and sauté until soft but firm.
- Add the cooked pasta to the vegetables and mix through.
- Add the basil pesto and mix, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with grated parmesan.