Jumping straight in here today with this Smoky Mexican Bean Salad recipe! I mean, who doesn’t love an easy, smokey and zesty summer salad recipe, perfect for summer picnics and lazy barbecue lunches?
What Kind of Beans go into a Mexican Bean Salad?
My version of the classic bean salad consists of green beans, corn, navy beans, red kidney beans, butter beans, and cannellini beans. Similarly, any type of canned beans will also work if you feel like saving some time. You can obviously use any selection of beans you have on hand for this bean salad recipe.
So, if you are looking for a nutritious side salad, look no further! It’s comforting, protein-rich, and easy to put together quickly with pantry ingredients.
I mean! Can you see how exciting meal times are going to be with portion or two of these beans on the dinner plate?! Most importantly, this is a great recipe to add to the meal prep collection.
How To Make Smoky Mexican Bean Salad
Served cold, this Smoky Mexican Bean Salad is as easy as it gets. First combine your selection of pre cooked beans. Secondly, combine the tangy and zesty ingredients necessary for the dressing. Finally, combine it ALL together, adding fresh herbs before storing it in the fridge.
How Long does Bean Salad Keep?
You can easily keep this version of bean salad for up to a week, refrigerated in an airtight glass jar. More reason to make a little extra for the week. Even though I used cooked beans, the other ingredients are kept fresh. The dressing almost serve as pickle juice, so it stays crunchy and delicious for longer.
Try out these Summer Salad recipes:
Simple Tomato Salad with Parsley and Walnut Pesto
Celery, Tomato and Spinach Chopped Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
|Prep Time||15 min|
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green beans chopped
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup kidney beans pre cooked
- 1 cup navy beans pre cooked
- 1 cup butter beans pre cooked
- 1 cup cannellini beans pre cooked
- 2 tomatoes blanched
- 2 fresh red chilli finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- First off, combine the onion, green beans, corn and beans in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Next, blanch the tomatoes (let soak in boiling water and remove the skin), then blend into a paste. Add the pulverised tomatoes to the beans.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the chilli, paprika, seasoning, vinegar, sugar, olive oil, lime juice and parsley. Mix well.
- Combine the dressing and mix it through the bean mix. Store in clean glass jars in the fridge for up to 5 days.