There is nothing like a delicious, creamy butternut soup in winter. This is a great dish to prepare for a starter when entertaining friends accompanied by a fabulous roast.
Spicy Butternut Soup is also great to present for a main meal, served with flavorsome garlic bruschetta. To make soup really is the easiest thing ever. You can combine any ingredients you like to create a wonderful hearty meal.
Vegetable soup is one of my favorites, and the delicious spicy flavor of Butternut soup is even better. This recipe consists of a few ingredients, but when you taste your first spoon, you will find yourself overwhelmed by the great flavors and smooth texture.
It is always a good idea to keep your food processor close by when preparing soup. The best way to ensure your soup has the best texture is to taste as you go.
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||0 min|
- 2 butternuts peeled and chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 500 ml milk
- 5 ml cinnamon ground
- 5 ml nutmeg ground
- 5 ml cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to season
- handful sage leaves to serve
- Boil the butternut in the stock water for 15 minutes.
- Add the milk and cook until butternut pieces are soft.
- Add nutmeg, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and season to taste.
- Carefully blend your soup in a food processor until desired texture is met.
- Serve hot with garlic bruschetta and crispy sage leaves.