These last couple of weeks I have become more obsessed with Zucchini than ever. Not only is it such a versatile vegetable, it also lends itself to any flavors and accompaniments. Like this recipe…
I literally had zucchini, corn on the cob from the previous dinner and a handful of blanched almonds to play with.
I sometimes make life hard for myself, you see, I don’t plan recipes ahead of time.
I have to be creative everyday, with what I have in my fridge . The creative challenge is fulfilling anyhow.
This recipe of Roasted Zucchini, Corn and Almonds with smashed Avocado is exactly what it says. I roasted zucchini and corn with olive oil, roasted the almonds and served it with smashed avocado; add chili flakes and a little paprika and you have a delicious vegetarian side or main.
Also, have you noticed that you can “just add meat” to most of my vegetable recipes? I would add buttery fried chicken strips to this one… You can omit the corn if you want a completely low carb meal. Enjoy guys!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 350 gr zucchini cut into rounds
- 2 corn on the cob cooked and kernels removed
- 15 ml olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- handful blanched almonds
- 1 avocado
- pinch chili flakes
- pinch smoked paprika
- lime wedges to serve
- In a roasting pan, add the zucchini and corn.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and black pepper and roast in the oven until soft.
- I bake my veggies at 200 degrees Celsius until they are done, checking them often.
- Place the almonds in a smaller tray, and roast until brown.
- In a mixing bowl, gently smash the avocado, add chili flakes and paprika and a squeeze of lime juice. Season if you wish.
- Mix the roasted zucchini, corn and almonds together and serve with smashed avocado and lime wedges.