Today I would like to share a very easy and delicious recipe with you all. You know, because it’s a new week and I am sure most of you need some kind of inspiration for those dreaded weeknight meals.
This recipe of Sweet Pepper, Ham and Cheese Loaded Potatoes are extremely delicious and takes very little time out of your very busy schedule.
Simply boil the potatoes until soft, half the lot of them and fill them with a simple filling of stir fried sweet peppers, onions and ham. Top with mature cheddar, grill and scatter with chopped chives.
This recipe is pretty versatile, so you can use any vegetables you might have on hand for the filling. I am thinking of mushrooms, spinach and you can replace the ham with chicken if you want – endless possibilities with this one! Replace the potato with sweet potato if you want a lower carb version. Monday, let’s do this!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 4 large potatoes boiled with skin on
- 15 ml olive oil
- 2 cups sweet bell peppers any colour
- 1 onion sliced
- garlic salt and black pepper to season
- 2 cups smoked ham
- 1 cup grated mature cheddar cheese
- chopped chives to serve
- First off, cut the boiled potatoes in half and scoop some of the inside out. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and saute the peppers and onions until soft.
- Season with garlic salt and black pepper.
- Remove from heat and add the chopped ham. Mix.
- Arrange the potato halves in an oven tray and scoop generous amounts of filling into the the potato.
- Top with grated cheddar and grill in the oven until melted.
- Garnish with chives.