It’s been a hectic busy, crazy intense year! I cannot believe we are heading towards another Christmas. If anything, my biggest challenge this year – by far – was introducing healthy eating habits to my little loving family. This can be a very intimidating task when your housemates aren’t keen on a variety of greens. My preschooler is a whole other story…I managed to trick him (yes, children, us moms do that from time to time) with these yummy Vegan Banana Choc Chip Muffins – packed with a whole lot of goodness.
Muffins for the lunchbox
These Healthy Vegan Banana Choc Chip Muffins are great to whip up for the lunchboxes or as a delicious treat late afternoon. It sure is a pick-me-up, as these muffins are made with whole, real and clean ingredients and is completely vegan, gluten free and TOTALLY DELISH!
Chickpea Flour Muffins
I started experimenting with Chickpea flour a while ago in this post – and I have been hooked ever since. I use chickpea flour to thicken my vegan curry sauces. Now, slowly but surely I am starting to replace normal flour for all my baking needs.
Whatever your lifestyle diet choice is, you can still enjoy these healthy treats either way. Make a batch on your “meal prep day” – let’s face it, you need a full day for proper meal planning if you want no fuss meals – and pop a few in the freezer or keep them sealed in an airtight container for 4 days. Enjoy!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup mashed banana
- 3/4 cups dark chocolate chunks
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and prepare a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the wet ingredients and combine it with the dry ingredients until just incorporated. Add the mashed banana and fold in.
- Add the chocolate chips and give one last mix through.
- Scoop the batter 3/4 of the way in the muffin liners and bake for 20 min until golden and a tester comes out clean - at 180 degrees Celsius.
Hi Anina. Just wondering if you left banana off the ingredients list in error. The recipe name suggests that banana is included 😉