If you love Granola like I do, then you might just be in heaven when you try this mouthwatering Vegan Chocolate Granola recipe. Eating a healthy balanced breakfast is my biggest challenge when I try to keep to a mindful eating plan.
Make a plan
This Vegan Chocolate Granola recipe is so easy to make and can be stored in an airtight container for up to two weeks. If you have overcome the “cooking from scratch” challenge, then planning for this granola will be a walk in the park…
Healthy Ingredients from your pantry
I decided to clean out my pantry by adding a few bibs and bobs of healthy ingredients I had leftover. The wet ingredients has a base of soaked dates, maple syrup and peanut butter. If you like a chewier granola, go ahead and add a bit more syrup or nut butter.
Obviously, organic rolled oats, nuts, coconut flakes and dried berries forms part of the dry ingredients. I added cocoa powder for this chocolate granola version, and a bit of melted dark chocolate when served takes it to a new level!
Granola could be dessert
I love this Vegan Chocolate Granola recipe so much, as a matter of fact – fill those bowls and dig in as an after dinner treat. Who says you can’t have breakfast for dessert? Add your own toppings like fresh fruit, berry coulis, chia seeds or roasted nuts.
Don’t you just love the beautiful Le Creuset set I used on the shoot? I love the stainless steel balloon whisk and not even to mention the gorgeous color (Marseilles), of the ceramics?
If you love breakfast like I do, you should try this Apricot, Macadamia and Honey Granola!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||45 min|
- 100 gr dates chopped
- 1/2 cup boiled water to soak the dates
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter or nut butter, I used ohmega nut butter
- 1 cup roasted nuts chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup dried berries cranberries, goji berries
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder from Nomu
- 1,5 cups organic rolled oats from Natures Choice
- 2 blocks dark chocolate to melt over when you serve
- fresh fruit to serve
- coconut yogurt to serve
- Place the dates in a mixing bowl and cover with boiling water, leave to soak. until soft.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients: dates, maple syrup and peanut butter. Mix well.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: nuts, coconut flakes, berries, cocoa powder and oats. Mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix through well.
- Prep an oven safe baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the granola to the pan. Press down slightly.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 170 degrees Celsius, or until your granola becomes dark and roasted. Remove and leave to cool.
- When you are ready to serve, melt some dark chocolate and drizzle over the top of the granola, with coconut yogurt and fresh fruit.