I have to admit, as much as I love winter warmer foods and delicious flavorsome soups and stews, I kind of long for a fresh, cold salad or veggie dish.
This recipe of Vegetables with Pasta and Sundried Tomato has been looming in the back of my mind for quite some time. Since my hubby doesn’t eat vegetables I am always left to cook dreary meals consisting of meat and rice, or meat and potatoes or hey – we are having meat and rice again tonight! How lovely!
I can imagine my brain cells screaming out: WE NEED VEGGIES!!!!
So as soon as I got the chance to go to our local green grocer, I picked up a bunch of fresh vegetables, with the main idea to roast it all together with some of my favorite spices, chuck in some cooked pasta and garnish with sun dried tomatoes and fresh basil!
Seriously, this dish can be great if you are craving veggies alone, or for a vegetarian meal – this is a super dish. However, hubby would cringe on the site of all these different vegetables together in one bowl – this could be a great side dish for a braai or with any meat really. It can be served hot or cold, that is how versatile this recipe is. You can use any kind of pasta you like; I had a few shells in one can and a few rigate tubes in another, so I just added them all together.
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||80 min|
- 1 butternut peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato chopped
- 4 small zucchini chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms halved
- 1 onion peeled and segmented
- 2 small green peppers chopped
- 15 ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 ml ground cinnamon
- 5 ml ground nutmeg
- salt and black pepper to season
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- 150 gr sun dried tomato chopped
- fresh basil to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- In a flat oven safe pan or dish, arrange all the vegetables and sprinkle with olive oil, add salt and black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, remove and spoon around the veggies.
- Put it back in the oven for another 20 minutes until the veggies are al dente or soft if you like.
- When they are done to your liking, remove from oven and sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Transfer the pasta and vegetables to one dish, mix it through, shred your sundried tomatoes in and garnish with fresh basil leaves.