Today I would like to share a simple and easy vegetarian meal with you. This dish of Autumn Spaghetti gives me a wonderfully warm feeling inside.
When I was trying to put this dish together, I wanted to create a heartfelt meal, with fresh ingredients. It is an ideal lunch idea for when you are having a totally lazy day.
Let me paint you a picture. To me a perfectly lazy day goes like this:
It is a cold but sunny winter’s day or autumn for that matter, the kids are safely engaging in imaginary play at school, your man is out and about seeing clients, you just finished making the beds, washing is done, you have your favorite book ready with a beautiful mug of hot herbal tea and you are getting comfy in your corner chair – in the sun – ready for some YOU time.
If that all there happens to me, I would LOVE to have a lunch like this!!!
This dish of Autumn Spaghetti puts me in the right mood to entirely give myself over to a lazy day. No guilt. No argue.
It consists of beautifully cooked spaghetti, with cinnamon – grilled butternut, broccoli, olives and fresh herbs tossed in a homemade tomato sauce. The ingredients are fresh and flavorsome – the perfect combination for the perfect lazy day meal.
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||40 min|
- 500 gr spaghetti
- 1 small butternut peeled and chopped
- 5 ml cinnamon ground
- 1 small broccoli head cut into florets
- 4 tomatoes blanched and chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup black olives
- fresh oregano to season and garnish
- First off, cook your spaghetti in boiling water with a dash of olive oil until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Arrange your vegetables on an oven proof pan, sprinkle with cinnamon and a little olive oil, cover with foil and grill in a preheated oven for 40 minutes – until done. Remove from oven and set aside.
- On medium heat, bring the tomatoes to the boil; add the balsamic vinegar and honey. Cook for about 5 minutes or so, add lots of black pepper and season with salt.
- Add all your ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix together the spaghetti, veggies, and tomato sauce. Add chopped oregano, olives and season with salt and pepper.