I never made ice cream before. Yes. Believe it.
I always thought it was essential to have an ice cream maker and I always thought you needed to whisk and whisk… and whisk while the ingredients are in the freezing process to prevent ice crystals.
I am sure there are more “proper” ways to do it. But for now, this recipe of Banana Cinnamon Ice Cream is my new “fool proof” recipe.
It takes three ingredients friends. Yes, no fooling around here! If you have bananas in your kitchen, a tub of cream and a tin of condensed milk, you can make a delicious creamy ice cream for the weekends feasting, or any other day if you like in literally 10 minutes. Ok, it still needs to freeze overnight, so time management guys!
I added a few drops of vanilla essence and a pinch or two of ground cinnamon in my version to add extra flavor – but it is totally up to you.
If you have any other clever suggestions on how to make the perfect homemade ice cream – give me a shout! I just found this recipe of Banana Cinnamon Ice Cream so decadent and creamy; I will definitely be trying some more flavor combinations in the future! Happy Ice Cream making!
|Prep Time||12 hours, freezing overnight included|
- 250 ml cream
- 3 ripe bananas mashed with fork
- 1 tin sweetened condensed milk
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 2 pinches ground cinnamon
- In an electric mixer, beat the cream until stiff; add the mashed banana and condensed milk. Beat on high speed until incorporated.
- Add the flavourings and mix once more.
- Transfer the creamy goodness to an empty ice cream container. (I just used a bread baking tin). Freeze overnight.