When it comes to quick weekday dinners, I usually look for the frozen chicken pieces in the freezer. It has to be the easiest way to feed the family by simply chucking the chicken pieces in the oven, with some vegetables or a salad, right?
But haven’t you found that making roasted chicken pieces two, sometimes even three times per week, gets to be a bit boring? I sure do, and this recipe of Barbecue and Paprika Chicken with Gremolata is the perfect recipe to share – for a mouthwatering dinner that does not disappoint.
I love spicing up my chicken pieces for dinner with a mixed barbecue and smoked paprika spice – and I recently found that adding a simple condiment like gremolata makes the world of difference, flavor wise.
Gremolata is a simple combination of chopped parsley, garlic and lemon zest.
You can also add it to salads, pasta dishes, stews and it is also a great addition to add to soups this coming winter months. I can’t wait!
This recipe, without the corn, makes for a perfect low carb meal by simply enjoying it with Roasted Vegetables and Creme Fraiche. Either way, it sure makes dinner time less boring and more tasty! More ideas with chicken pieces include Roast Chicken in Garlic, Chilli and Cream, Lemon and Herb Chicken and Cajun and Tomato Baked Chicken. Let me know which one you like best! Cheers!
|Prep Time||35 min|
|Cook Time||45 min|
- 4 teaspoons barbecue spice
- 4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- salt and black pepper to season
- olive oil to rub chicken pieces
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1 lemon zest retained
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- roasted corn to serve
- roasted vegetables to serve
- First off, in a mixing bowl, combine the spices and seasoning.
- Rub the chicken pieces with olive oil and spice mixture, be sure to get it to all the ins and outs.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Or, you could do this the morning before.
- Arrange chicken pieces in an oven safe dish and roast in the oven for 40 – 45 minutes, 180 degrees Celsius, until crispy.
- For the gremolata; in a mixing bowl, combine the chopped parsley, lemon zest and crushed garlic.
- Serve chicken pieces with gremolata, corn and vegetables.