These Biltong and Cheese Quiche Puffs are simple and super easy to make. And an ideal snack for the kids lunchboxes, party snacks or any get together.
They are addictively delicious with a quiche filling of biltong and cheese, baked in flaky puff pastry to create the yummiest pastry bite.
Biltong and Cheese Quiche Puff Pastry Pies
Puff Pastry meets delicious quiche and I can’t be happier!
These delicious biltong and cheese quiche puffs has made their appearance plenty of times in our house.
Because it is an absolute WINNER for those times when you need to whip out a savoury star for tea, or any party! It consists of a perfectly baked puff pastry cup. It then gets filled with an egg, cheese and biltong filling with fresh thyme and basil.
You can skip the pastry (how dare you) altogether as this filling is great as a low carb, high fat snack. Go crust-less if you dare!
How To Make Biltong and Cheese Quiche Puffs
First, prep the biltong and cheese quiche puffs filling by mixing the base for your quiche. So, the eggs, milk and cheese gets mixed in a mixing bowl. Next add the biltong and cheese, herbs and with salt and black pepper. Then it’s time for the puff pastry to shine. Roll your puff pastry out and cut circles to press into a small, mini muffin tin. Finally fill it with the quiche filling and bake in the oven until perfection.
The Best of all, I made these little morsels with gorgeous fatty biltong I received from the team over at Biltong@za, still my favorite biltong retailer by far!
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||25 min|
- 1 roll ready to use puff pastry
- butter to grease muffin tins
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 2 cups biltong finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme chopped
- 2 teaspoons basil chopped
- salt and black pepper
- First off, grease a muffin tin and roll the pastry out.
- Cut round pieces of dough, press down into each muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk and herbs. Then add the biltong and cheese, Season and mix.
- Add spoonfuls of filling into the raw dough and bake for 20 – 25 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius until set and until dough is golden brown.