Oh, my love for avocados!! Today I am sharing my favourite way to enjoy ripe avocados – an easy peasy Chunky Guacamole recipe. This recipe is really so simple and fuss-free… All the ingredients are probably hanging out in your fridge right now…
Keeping it Chunky
There are numerous ways to make the ever-popular Guac, however, I like my version a little more chunky. You can chop your added ingredients a bit more than me, or you can even blend the avocado bit to give it more smoothness. If you have a pestle and mortar at hand – this is actually the traditional way of mashing all your Guacamole ingredients together, like the good old days.
Fresh and Healthy Guacamole
We all know about the amazing health benefits of avocado, right? Avos are extremely nutritious with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids – one of the healthiest plant-based fats out there. Avocados are also rich in Potassium (even more than bananas) and high in fiber. Give me some more!
Bring on the zest
I decided to make a super chunky version, with ripe avocados, red onion, chopped tomatoes, lime juice and fresh parsley. You can add more lime juice if you like your avocado guacamole a bit more on the tangy side. You can also sub the parsley with any other fresh herbs you might have on hand. I recommend using basil or mint next time around.
I also uploaded my very first IGTV video – and you guessed it! An Easy Chunky Guacamole recipe video is right here for your perusal! Let me know what you think of it in the comments below, and remember if you are cooking with me to use #aninasrecipes and let’s see how it went!
More recipes with Avocado:
Spaghetti with Broccoli and Avocado
|Prep Time||10 min|
- 2 avocados ripe and ready
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small ripe tomato
- 1 juice from one lime
- handful fresh parsley or any other herbs
- 5 ml seasoning or salt and pepper
- corn chips to serve
- lime wedges to serve
- Mash the ripe avocados in a mixing bowl until desired thickness.
- Chop the red onion fine, and combine with mashed avocado.
- Chop the tomato fine, and combine with mashed avocado.
- Next up, chop your handful of herbs fine, and mix it through your guacamole.
- Follow with the juice of one lime and season to your liking.
- Serve with corn chips or vegetable sticks.