These Bloody doughnuts are the perfect treat for Halloween! We get super excited about this time of year. In other words, the decor and snacks will be coming out to play big time. I felt like getting a little “messy” on this Halloween themed shoot. As a result, these yummy berry filled doughnut bites was born! Kinda bloody delicious…
How do you make Berry Filled “Bloody” Doughnuts for Halloween
Ok, I know I said it’s a perfect delicious Halloween treat. But let’s face it, I wouldn’t mind snacking on a few of these ANY day. So let’s get to the recipe. For one thing, they are bloody delicious and only takes about two ingredients. Firstly you make a super speedy berry puree. Next you simply fill a few store bought doughnut bites (score) and dust with icing sugar.
Easy to make Berry Filled Doughnut Bites
If you don’t feel like going through the hassle of baking from scratch, pop over to your local woolies and grab a bag of doughnut bites.
During your shopping trip grab a few punnets of berries and you will be on the right track to present a pretty nasty looking treat for the crowds on the scariest day of the year. IN NO TIME!
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||30 min|
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cups thick plain yogurt
- dash vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- cooking oil for frying
- icing sugar to coat
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the egg and add the milk, yogurt and essence. Mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix. Add the butter and mix until incorporated. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan until hot, coat your hands with some oil and roll small balls of dough.
- Deep fry them until golden brown. Drain and coat with icing sugar.
- For the puree, add the berries to your food processor and blend. You can add some water to thin it out.
- For assembly, I used a piping bag with a small nozzle to pinch a hole in the doughnut and filled the space with puree. Feel free to mess.