It’s been ages since I posted something totally and utterly naughty, and this one is pretty tempting guys, so all health and nutrition thoughts aside now…
These Caramel Apple Crumbles are ridiculously buttery and full of oozing caramel, I could barely contain myself when it came out the oven.
I used a very simple butter, flour and salt pastry crust for this recipe, with fresh apples and decadent caramel with a hint of cinnamon.
It is fairly easy to put together and bakes into a crumbly buttery bowl of heaven, easy to whip up when you want to indulge in a proper way.
Then of course you can make extra caramel to serve and home made vanilla ice cream will definitely complete this amazingly rich treat. Serve it as dessert or as a tea time treat. Warning : intensely addicting. Enjoy!
Hope you give this one a try!
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||35 min|
- First off for the crust, sieve the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl, add the butter and mix through until you have a firm dough. Refrigerate.
- For the filling, add the sugar into a deep saucepan and on medium heat melt the sugar until it resembles a rich amber color.
- Remove from heat, add the butter and vanilla essence and mix through.
- Add the apples and cover them in fudgy deliciousness.
- Use a standard size pie dish and push the dough throughout the bottom of the dish, leaving the leftover dough for the top of the crumbles.
- Spoon the caramel and apples into the dish and grate the rest of the dough over the top.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius until the crumbles resemble golden brown.
I m a little confused with the caramel sauce–that is the sauce you melted down? The picture is showing caramel sauce in a small bowl to spoon on-is this the sauce that was prepared?
Many thanks! Can’t wait to make!