These mini quiches are a great snack for parties or a get together with friends. It can also be served as a starter, with a lovely dollop of sour cream & chives cream cheese.
It is ridiculously quick to prepare the filling. The only component that might take a little more time is to press your dough into your mini quiche pans.
Make sure not to press the crust too thick in this recipe, other wise you will be left with dry crust-like quiches and very little filling. Use the easy and simply quiche pastry crust recipe for the crust and press into mini quiche pans. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius. Each mini quiche serves one.
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||30 min|
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 125 gr butter softened
- 20 ml cold water
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and black pepper to season
- 3 large eggs whisked
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup parmesan roughly grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
Easy quiche pastry
Caramelized red onion and parmesan filling
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix.
- Next add all the wet ingredients and work with your fingers until easy manageable dough is formed.
- Line your tart or quiche tin with dough by pushing it firmly down with your fingers.
- No need to blind bake this dough, simply add your filling to the raw crust and bake desired time.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and sauté the garlic and onions until translucent.
- Add the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Allow to cook on low heat for 10 minutes until caramelized. Season.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the eggs, milk, cheddar cheese and half the parmesan. Add the onions.
- Mix well and carefully pour into raw pastry crusts.
- Sprinkle the rest of parmesan over the topping and bake for 30 – 40 minutes at 180 degrees celcius.