Days in the Meyer household can get quite hectic. Despite the fact that there are only three of us in our comfortable little home, our three year old can be somewhat of a handful. Clever as ever, with his own little blossoming personality, being with him most of the day while hubby brings the bacon can be challenging, not to mention the pressure of running a catering business (on my own) and a blog at the same time.
It should come as no surprise then that when it comes to dinnertime, “quick” is the keyword.
Seriously, who has time to spend the whole day in the kitchen, cooking a three course meal for their families? Not me!
Can you relate? Then you will love this simple and easy recipe of Chicken and Tomato Curry. It consists of tender shredded chicken breasts, smothered in a rich and creamy tomato curry sauce served on a bed of flavorsome basmati rice.
Does it sound too good to be true? Try it yourself and save some precious time…
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 4 chicken breast fillets cooked and shredded
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and sliced
- 1 tin chopped and peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons curry powder or garam masala
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- pinch ground ginger
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons mayonaisse
- salt and black pepper to season
- fresh parsley to garnish
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- First off, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion until translucent.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, bring to a boil and cook for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the spices, sugar and mayo – mix and simmer on low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Plate up when your rice is ready, add shredded chicken on rice, and smother in rich tomato curry sauce.