This morning at about 3am I got woken up by pouring rain. Torrential people, really.
Not long our little boy crept into our bed and through my sleepiness I felt utterly and totally happy. Never leaving this bed I thought, or dreamt…
Johannesburg drivers do not do well in this kind of weather, by the way. It is going to be a long wet, stressed out Friday. And, if you have planned a braai for tonight (given that the weather would clear) you might feel even more stressed out. But don’t despair!
I have just the recipe for a gloomy, rainy and relaxed Friday evening indoors. Chicken Mac n Cheese is the easiest and comforting meal you can whip up for the family. Chicken Mac n Cheese consists of perfectly cooked macaroni, smothered in a mature cheddar cheese sauce with shredded chicken, topped with more cheese and a parmesan crumble.
Be sure to make a whole batch of these, because seconds will be on the order of the day. Serve with a great movie, on family beds made with loads of love!
Are you already fantasizing about this comforting meal of Chicken Mac n Cheese for tonight? Perfect heartening meal to end of a long week! Have fun!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 240 gr macaroni uncooked
- water and salt for boiling pasta
- 4 chicken breast fillets cooked and shredded
- 60 gr butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup mature cheddar grated
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar for topping
- 4 slices white bread toast blended fine in food processor
- 3/4 cups parmesan grated
- salt and black pepper to season
- First off, boil the pasta in salted water and set aside.
- Heat the butter to a medium sized saucepan until melted and bubbly. Remove from heat, add the flour and whisk through until incorporated, add half of the milk, and whisk until incorporated.
- Return to pot to medium heat, whisk until sauce becomes thicker. Add the rest of the milk, whisk until the sauce thickens and boils. Remove from heat, add the cheese and nutmeg.
- Chuck all the ingredients together in an oven safe dish. The macaroni, chicken and cheese sauce, season with salt and black pepper and top with more grated cheese, breadcrumbs and parmesan.
- Grill until crispy.