Friends, please don’t shout about this one. It might just be the most delicious Chicken Mayo Cheese Melts you will ever have. It has bread. It has mayonnaise. It has cheese. And it has more cheese.
So it basically consists of toasted slices of rye bread, with chicken and mayonnaise, topped with cheddar and mozzarella that is roasted until bubbly and melted. Served with loads of fresh parsley and white pepper, it doesn’t get better.
Not only does these melts taste amazing, they are pretty quick to put together and is perfect to whip up for hungry tummies during school holidays.
You can make this completely carb free, if you are so inclined by simply replacing the rye bread with low carb bread and use low carb mayonnaise.
You can try your own version with canned tuna if you like, or any other low gi or seeded bread will do. Heck, I can see this becoming an easy fuss free dinner idea in our house – hope you give it a try!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||5 min|
- 2 slices rye bread toasted
- 1 cooked chicken breast fillet
- 3 tablespoons mayonaisse
- 2 gherkins grated
- salt and black pepper to season
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- fresh parsley to serve
- Shred the cooked chicken breast and mix through with mayonnaise, grated gherkins and seasoning.
- Spoon the chicken and mayo on top of the toast, top with a slice of cheddar and mozzarella.
- Grill in the oven until the cheese are melted and bubbly.
- Serve with fresh parsley and seasoning.