Today I would like to share the easiest and quickest Chicken, Mushroom and Thyme Pie recipe with you guys. Friends, this recipe is an absolute winner, and you should seriously make this over the weekend, in fact, it is the perfect recipe for Sunday lunch. Yes. This Sunday.
Also, I have become a bit of a cheapskate the last few weeks. You see, the ingredients that you need for this delicious pie is pretty cheap and requires (almost) zero work. Yeah ok, I’m lazy…
This Chicken, Mushroom and Thyme Pie consists of cooked chicken or store bought rotisserie chicken or if you really want you could use your leftover roast chicken…combined with sauteed mushrooms, leeks, fresh thyme and smothered in a can (or two) cream of mushroom soup. Topped with buttery puff pastry, you have a delicious meal in no time.
I know, it’s very naughty of me to use tinned mushroom soup, and not make it all from scratch, but it just gives an easy quick solution for extra flavor and keeps the filling from drying out through baking.
How easy is this Chicken, Mushroom and Thyme Pie?
You can add your own choice of ingredients like courgettes or spinach, or try and bake it in little individual pie dishes for a special meal. Anyhow, it still is damn good! Enjoy the weekend!
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||35 min|
- 15 ml olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 leeks finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped fine
- salt and black pepper to season
- handful fresh thyme chopped
- 4 chicken breast fillets cooked and shredded
- 1 tin cream of mushroom soup
- 1 roll puff pastry store bought
- 1 large egg for egg wash
- First off, in a saucepan, heat the olive oil and saute the mushrooms, leeks and garlic until soft and until the moisture has reduced.
- Season and add the herbs and shredded chicken. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the can cream of mushroom soup and mix through.
- If your filling is still to dry, you can add another tin or add a few tablespoons of chicken stock.
- Arrange the filling in an oven safe pie dish.
- Roll the pastry out and top the filling with pastry, ensuring the sides of the dish are closed up.
- Brush with whisked egg and bake in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 – 35 minutes, until the pastry is golden.