I just couldn’t resist not buying Ina Paarman’s Basil Pesto the other day when I was grocery shopping.
Ok, I’m lying – I don’t do grocery shopping. I would call it an ingredient hunt that normally lasts about 10 minutes. With a trolley full of a 3 year old’s plead for a ‘tjoklit’ – my grocery shopping is anything but fun. It’s fierce, fast and most of the time unsuccessful – I always forget something – even if I had a list.
But this day, as I was rushing through the isles, scanning each shelf, my eye caught a glimpse of the Basil Pesto – one of my favorites of the Ina Paarman’s range. Sure, making your very own pesto is so ‘foodie like’, but I didn’t even think twice about that option and threw the packet with the tasty green pesto in my trolley. To my little toddlers’ disappointment – that wasn’t his ‘tjoklits’ he’s been asking for and continued his wining and begging.
This recipe of Chicken with Roasted Tomato, Pesto and Pasta is the easiest and fastest way to feed the family on those dreaded weekday nights. Not only is it such a fresh and cool recipe for summer, but also very nutritious and healthy.
Well at least I think so. Deliciously tender grilled chicken breasts, with mouthwatering roasted cherry tomatoes that give a nice sweet flavor to the dish, mixed through perfectly cooked pasta and basil pesto. It’s all so summery!
This recipe should be enough for two adults with rumbling tummies – maybe a bit leftover for lunch the next day (always the best).
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 4 chicken breast fillets flattened
- 5 ml chicken spice to season chicken fillets
- 15 ml olive oil
- 400 gr pasta screws
- water to boil pasta
- drizzle oil to boil pasta
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and black pepper to season
- First off, heat the oil in a saucepan, and grill the chicken on both sides until brown and done. Set aside to cool and then cut it into big chunks.
- Add your water to a pot and add the pasta to the boiling water, with a tablespoon or so oil for cooking.
- While the pasta is on the stove, add the tomatoes in a roasting pan, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill in the oven for about 5 – 10 minutes, mixing through every now and then ensuring that it doesn’t burn to a crisp.
- When the pasta is done, drain and chuck it in a mixing bowl.
- Add the roasted tomatoes, chicken and basil pesto. Give it a mix through and season with salt and pepper