Hey, look at that – it’s Halloween again! I just love this spooky celebration, don’t you? For this very frightening day, I decided to give a golden oldie recipe a little bit of a makeover and I think it came out grrrreat!
I can guarantee, if you try this recipe, it will be the only chocolate cake recipe you will ever need.
This delicious chocolate cake is moist and fluffy on the inside, and has a great chocolaty taste. It is always good to use good quality cocoa powder, the darker the better….
It mixes well, rises beautifully and stays fresh for up to 5 days, yep, keep it airtight and you’ll have cake for days.
I think your Halloween guests will be wowed out of their suits when you present this for the big celebrations. How do you guys celebrate?
I decided to give my Chocolate Cake a brand new cloak by covering it with melted white chocolate – a total must if you really need to indulge. And we ALL need to indulge after this long week, yes?
And that is a perfectly spooky – lishious chocolate cake that will have your guests drooling with each bite.
Have a wonderful weekend you guys, and let me know what you will be up to this Halloween!!!
A delicious, plain and easy chocolate cake recipe with drool worthy chocolate butter icing and melted white chocolate.
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||20 ,min|
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 4 large eggs seperated
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 4 tablespoons soft butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 240 gr white chocolate
- For the cake: In a large mixing bowl mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add the oil and hot water - mix.
- Add the vanilla essence and baking powder - mix.
- Add 4 egg yolks and mix again.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks forms.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Divide batter into two cake pans and bake for 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Turn over on a cooling tray and let cool.
- For the chocolate frosting: In a mixing bowl, combine the icing sugar, butter, vanilla and cocoa powder with an electric hand mixer.
- Add the milk little by little until you have the desired thickness.
- Cut each layer into half and spread dark chocolate frosting in between the layers, stacking as you go.
- Top cake with another layer of frosting, and add melted white chocolate.
TIP: I always a teaspoon of baking powder to the egg white before I start beating them, it really just ensures that extra fluff when your cake hits the oven.
this right here is the best damn chocolate cake I’ve ever made and eaten. to damn good. thanx a million. my family really enjoyed it.