Good morning to you and these Baked Eggs in Bolognese! I made this delicious Spaghetti Bolognese for dinner last night and ended up with my Bolognese sauce left over. Monday mornings’ breakfasts are usually “eat-whatever’s-left-over-from-Sunday”, so I had eggs baked in bolognese…So good!
Eggs baked in the BEST bolognese Sauce
Apparently today is #NationalBreakfastDay. Actually every single day should be breakfast day, as we all eat breakfast every single day. Everyone knows how important it is to have a nutritious meal in the morning, right? I vote for these Eggs baked in Bolognese.
This recipe of Baked Eggs in Bolognese is a perfect low carb, comforting one-bowl breakfast, with delicious flavors. I love how you can keep adding ingredients to this meal, like pesto, caramelized onion or even sweet roasted tomato.
The Best Bolognese Sauce
Sure it might seem like going through a lot of trouble making Bolognese sauce for breakfast, right? Do yourself a favour!
Make a huge batch of my Best Beef Bolognese recipe when you can! Best of all, freeze the cooled down sauce in portions for quick and easy access.
It is the perfect breakfast or brunch for lazy weekends, enjoyed with a couple of friends, freshly brewed coffee – and you are set!
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
- 2 cups leftover bolognese sauce
- 2 large eggs
- cherry tomatoes for serving
- 1 avocado to serve
- salt and black pepper to season
- Using oven safe bowls dish the Bolognese sauce into the bowls halfway and break an egg (or two) in the middle of the meaty sauce.
- Bake at 200 degrees Celsius until egg white has set, yolk could still be runny.
- Season with salt and black pepper, serve with avo and cherry tomatoes.