I have a confession to make. I really, really, really love potatoes. My obsession is fueled by the fact that hubby requires little vegetation on his dinner plate, so I’m forced to get creative with rice, pasta and potatoes. We end up having potatoes more than three times per week…
Yes, I know that potatoes has been banished by the banting community – which by the way worked incredibly well for me in the past. I just couldn’t with all the fat anymore, so now I’m trying to get my brain wrapped around the ‘whole foods’ idea.
I choose my ingredients based on the amount of processing it had to endure – and let’s face it. Potatoes are as good as it gets…
This salad didn’t make it onto hubby’s plate, by the way.
I decided to boil my potatoes until soft, added a few spoons of butter and crushed garlic to the hot pan. Leave to cool and mix with freshly chopped peppers and sprouts – and finish it off with fresh mint and a creamy creme fraiche.
A delightful, hearty bowl of potatoes.
I’m all for getting dinner on the table in a flash. These flavoursome baby potatoes are great to serve as a side to any meal, really. It is best served right after execution, so be sure to have all the ingredients prepped and ready to roll as soon as the family has stormed to the dinner table.
It would be especially good with this Lemon, Cinnamon and Rosemary Roast Chicken. Enjoy!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||40 min|
as a side
- 700 gr baby potatoes washed, skin on
- salted water to boil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons crushed garlic
- handful fresh mint chopped fine
- 1 red pepper finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper finely chopped
- 1 cup onion sprouts
- creme fraiche to serve
- fresh mint to garnish
- Boil the potatoes in the salt water until soft.
- Drain and return the potatoes to the pot.
- Add butter and garlic, and on low heat, saute the potatoes for a minute or two. Remove from pot and allow to cool.
- Add the mint, peppers and sprouts and give it a good mix.
- Serve cold with creme fraiche and garnish with fresh mint.
Omit the creme fraiche for a vegan meal.