It’s hot out there guys! Stay cool and refreshed with these delicious Grilled Pineapple with Lime Coconut Cream. A delicious fruity snack for the hot summer days.
How To Grill Pineapple
One of my very favourite ingredients come summer time, is pineapples. I love using them fresh or frozen in smoothies, but even more, I love to enjoy them grilled. Grilling fruit is a great way to release the sugar in the fruit, the caramelisation takes these Grilled Pineapple wedges to a new level.
I also love them in these kids friendly Pineapple and Ginger Popsicles and in this most delicious tea time treat, Sticky Pineapple Tart.
Not only is pineapples one of THE most delicious fruits, but it is also great for your immune system as it contains high levels of Vitamin A and beta-carotene antioxidants. It also contains Vitamin B1 and B6 to maintain energy levels and the breakdown of sugar and starch, ultimately aiding in digestion.
How to Make Pineapple Kebabs
A great way to incorporate fruits on the dinner table is to make fresh or grilled fruit kebabs. These Grilled Pineapple wedges can be served as a side, or it can star on its own as a fresh and zesty dessert. I grilled the wedges of pineapple with a bit of red wine vinegar to sweeten it up even more. Serve it with zesty lime coconut cream for some ultimate dipping action.
These Grilled Pineapple wedges are:
Healthy and nutritious!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
- 1 large pineapple peeled and cored, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut cream that has been chilled in the fridge
- 1 lime zest
- Heat a large non-stick grill pan and add the coconut oil. Carefully place the wedges of pineapple in the pan and allow to caramelize.
- Grill each wedge of pineapple on one side for about 4 minutes. Flip them over and grill the other side, until nicely caramelized.
- Remove from heat and add the vinegar, using a dessert spoon, baste the grilled pineapples with the vinegar as it cooks.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before serving. To serve, simply scoop the top layer of cream from a chilled can of coconut cream.
- Add lime zest to the coconut cream and mix. Enjoy with the grilled pineapple wedges.