Raw Veggie Crunch Salads can become a regular thing with me! This version is also super clean, no dairy, no meat and packed with 100% plant goodness. I love making and preparing a bunch of salads for the fridge.
This Raw Veggie Crunch Salad can last for up to 4 days kept in the fridge, and let me tell you…My life has changed. It keeps so well together with this Carrot Salad I posted the other week. Getting closer to a near perfect meal prep week…
How To Make a Raw Veggie Crunch Salad
Luckily this recipe is as easy as ever. All you need are your prepped raw vegetables, toasted seeds and nuts. A few ingredients make up the creamy vegan dressing, but trust me, it’s totally worth it.
Clean and Plant Based Raw Veggie Salad
First prep the raw broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and purple cabbage. No salad should go without crunch, as if this salad isn’t crunchy enough right? Next toast a handful of pumpkin seeds and keep some pecan nuts on hand to finish the salad off.
How To make A Dairy Free, Vegan Salad Dressing
Finally, let’s talk about this easy creamy vegan salad dressing. Deliciously creamy, tangy and a perfect match for any salad. Most importantly, this dressing is completely plant based! Win! I adapted it from my favourite food blog of all time, Pinch of Yum.
First combine almond butter with some coconut milk. Next you add the olive oil, orange juice, a pinch of mustard and mashed garlic and ginger. Finally it comes together with some maple syrup that would remind you of a typical honey and mustard sauce.
A perfect clean bowl of food if I ever did see one…
Some more delicious salads to try
Jerk Buttered Cauliflower with Watermelon Salad
Cucumber, Corn and Sprout Salad with a Thai Dressing
Roasted Butternut Salad with Toasted Seeds
|Prep Time||20 min|
- 1 cup broccoli florets broken up into smaller bits
- 1 cup cauliflower florets broken up into smaller bits
- 1 large carrot peeled and finely sliced
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds toasted
- 1 cup pecan nuts chopped
- 4 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 juice from a fresh orange or clementine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- Place all your veggies in a salad bowl.
- Blend all the salad dressing ingredients in your food processor until smooth. Season to taste.
- Pour dressing over the raw veggies and mix through. Top the salad with toasted sunflower seeds and pecan nuts.