Today I would like to share this delicious recipe of Spaghetti and Baked Lamb Meatballs – with one of the tastiest pasta sauces I had in a while – the Peppadew® PiquantéGreen Pepper and Garlic Pasta Sauce. This recipe is utterly scrumptious and super easy – a must try for any novice or pro cook alike.
For those of you not familiar with the Peppadew® range of products, this brand has been on top of the pickle industry (think pickled jalapeños and pickled onion) in South Africa for some years now. You will know them best by the most loved Piquanté Pepper range – a delightful sweet and spicy pepper, including a bottled relish and splash on sauce.
And now, they have outdone themselves further with a range of incredibly versatile pasta sauces. The pasta sauce range offers bold flavours – a twist on the traditional with innovative flavour combinations.
The Peppadew® Pasta Sauce range include:
Tomato and Basil
Green Pepper and Garlic,
Tomato and Jalapeño Chilli,
Piquanté Pepper and Garlic and
Piquanté Pepper and Olive.
A brand that implies great food with great flavour, conveniently packaged to add an edge to your cooking experience plus NO artificial colourants or preservatives. The Peppadew® Pasta sauce range has a year shelf life. Whaaat?
The Peppadew® pasta sauces are packed in 400g glass jars, selling for R25.99. Look for them at Pick n Pay and Spar nationally and at Shoprite Checkers in Gauteng and KZN. You’d better add them to your grocery list – believe me – you won’t be sorry! Enjoy!
*This post was sponsored. Recipe provided by client. Images my own. Sauce range image provided by client.
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||55 min|
- 500 gr lamb mince
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 large egg whisked
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup lamb stock
- 400 gr jar, Peppadew® Piquanté Pepper and Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 500 gr spaghetti
- In a bowl, combine lamb mince, herbs, garlic, breadcrumbs, Parmesan and egg.
- Roll into 12 meatballs and place in a casserole dish.
- Pour over the wine, ¼ cup stock and Peppadew® Piquanté Pepper and Garlic Pasta Sauce.
- Cover and bake in a 180°C oven until meatballs are done, 30-35 minutes.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup stock after 20 minutes (don’t allow the sauce to dry out) and then leave the cover off so the meatballs brown slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to pack instructions until al dente.
- Combine pasta and sauce and serve.