A few weeks ago the friendly folks from Paperkutz (laser cutting geniuses) dropped an exciting box of goodies off. It was a set of cute little wooden dice, engraved with a variety of ingredients to make meal time, fun time.
We started playing #GooiandEnjoy immediately, and I soon discovered that finding inspiration for dinner became much more entertaining than usual.
You see, these wooden dice consist of a variety of seasonal ingredients like meats, how to actually cook these meats, a selection of starches, a herb selection and seasonal vegetables dices. Get ready to be entertained and creatively inspired…
So today I am sharing my #GooiandEnjoy experience, and I wanted my dish to be as close to the original “gamble” I threw out on the table. This is what I got. Pretty cool, hey? I didn’t cheat, I promise…
This recipe consists of perfectly cooked spaghetti with buttery fried chicken, smothered in a creamy, garlicky mushroom, roasted zucchini and parsley sauce.
Your life will not be complete without a set of these super cool meal dices, it comes in a branded enamel mug for safe keeping and it only costs R190 – the perfect gift for Christmas! Check outPaperkutz online and be sure to give their facebook page a like! Enjoy!
Mealtime = funtime!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||40 min|
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 chicken breast fillets cut into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups button mushrooms sliced
- 250 ml fresh cream
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup zucchini sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil to roast zucchini
- handful chopped parsley
- grated parmesan to serve
- Heat the butter in a frying pan, add the chicken pieces and fry until done.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, add the garlic and mushrooms, saute until soft. Add the cream and allow to simmer until reduced. Season.
- In the meantime, drizzle the zucchini with olive oil and roast in the oven until golden.
- Add the chicken and roasted zucchini to the mushroom cream sauce, and serve with cooked spaghetti.
- Serve with parmesan and black pepper.
I made this today. it was easy to cook. Both me and my husband loved it. Will make this again.