I love a crispy potato wedge or oven baked chip. You can kick your cravings for “chips” to the curb – and feel less guilty – with delicious Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges.
Sweet Potato is a great ingredient to replace the ever popular potato. Sweet tasting and starchy, it is the perfect root vegetable to grill and bake – and delivers a delicious crispy outside with a fluffy inside – great for low carb lovers.
Not only is it a great meal on its own, but a great side to roasts, burgers and about just anything you are having for dinner.
Generously spiced with smoked paprika and chilli flakes, these wedges had a surprising bite. I decided to make a creamy mushroom sauce for dipping my delicious crispy baked morsels. I could literally not get enough.
It is a quick and easy vegetarian meal that can be enjoyed for lunch in no time. Now you can indulge in crispy wedges without the carbs and still feel and look great! Enjoy!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||40 min|
- 15 ml olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes cut into wedges
- salt and black pepper to season
- 10 ml smoked paprika
- 10 ml chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup full cream yogurt
- salt and pepper to season sauce
- microgreens to garnish
- First off, preheat the oven to 230 degrees Celsius.
- Arrange the sweet potato wedges in an oven tray and drizzle with olive oil, season with spices.
- Grill/bake until soft and colored at 190 degrees Celsius, checking every now and then. It should take about 30 – 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a saucepan and saute the mushrooms until soft, add the yogurt, remove from heat and season with your choice of spices.
- Serve the Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges with creamy mushrooms sauce, or as a side to roasts and casseroles.