Bring on summer and this delicious, easy peasy Vegan Strawberry Milkshake!! I absolutely love a good milkshake, and if this is what childhood dreams are made of, I want all of it for myself! As a kid, my favourite milkshake flavour by far was Strawberry. I like it double thick and extra sweet! However, today I am sharing a dairy-free version that can be whipped up in no time – most probably with ALL the ingredients in your pantry right now.
Shake it up
For me, a good milkshake needs the following essential elements. Ice Cream, Milk, and Syrup. I decided to make a quick frozen banana and coconut cream blend to use as my “ice cream” element in my shake. Once that’s frozen, I blend it with my “milky” element – almond milk. You can use any other plant-based milk if you want. For my “syrup” I used frozen strawberries, water, and a little sugar, cooked it down and blended until smooth.
I am definitely going to try a few more flavour combinations. I’m taking advantage of all the beautiful fresh strawberries hitting the shelves right now. Strawberries are naturally sodium, fat and cholesterol free – more reasons to enjoy these sweet morsels in a milkshake. And with all those antioxidant properties, I think I’m going to be making this vegan milkshake everyday. Yes!
This Vegan Strawberry Milkshake is:
Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Plant-based
Made with 5 ingredients
Strawberry and Coconut flavour explosion
A super treat for kids and adults alike
|Prep Time||1 hour, plus freezing|
|Cook Time||7 min|
- 1 can coconut cream chilled
- 1 cup strawberries frozen
- 1 banana frozen
- 5 ml vanilla essence
Ice Cream Base
- First off, prepare your ice cream base by blending the chilled coconut cream, strawberries, banana and vanilla essence until smooth.
- Place back in the freezer and allow to chill for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, prepare your strawberry syrup by adding the strawberries, sugar and water in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Leave the syrup to cool, and when you are ready to blend your shake, you can use a stickblender to blend the syrup until smooth. Set aside.
- For the milkshake, scoop your frozen coconut and strawberry blend into your blender, add the almond milk, and half of the syrup. You can also add more fresh strawberries if you like. Blend until smooth.
- Use the other half of your syrup to decorate your glass on the inside, top up with blended milkshake, serve with fresh strawberries and enjoy!