Bacon, Rosemary & Cheddar Cheese Muffins
Bacon is such a great addition to a savory dish for its delicious smoky flavor. This recipe is easy and quick and when that muffin comes out the oven, steamy hot, with great aroma in the air, one will not resist to have a whole batch of these! Substitute the rosemary for any herb of your choice, or use cold ham or even pepperoni, for a slightly spicier taste. Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius. To skip the hassle of greasing muffin pans it is easier to use muffin or cupcake holders. Makes two dozen.
- 15ml olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- Few sprigs of rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup of chopped bacon.
- 2 cups of flour / whole wheat flour for a healthier version.
- 100 grams of finely grated cheddar cheese.
- 30ml baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and sauté the onion and garlic until translucent. Add the bacon and rosemary and stir. Remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, cheese, baking powder and salt. Mix.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk and add this to the flour and cheese mixture.
- Mix quickly until just incorporated.
- Add cooked bacon, onions and herbs by folding it into the batter.
- Add spoonfuls into muffin holders and bake for 25 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius, until cooked and brown.
blog comments powered by Disqus