Take note of these Cinnamon and Nutella Buns with Fudge Sauce…We all need a little distraction now and then from our monotonous lives, don’t we? These easy cinnamon and nutella buns are by far the best thing to get distracted by!
Warning: these Cinnamon and Nutella Buns are pillowy soft, sugar filled and absolutely decadent!
Decadent Cinnamon and Nutella Buns
I wanted to create a pretty decadent cinnamon bun treat. Next thing I know, I’m reaching for the nutella jar in the pantry. Cinnamon and Nutella Buns?! Heck Yes!
It sure is delicious and the combination of cinnamon, hazelnut chocolate AND fudge sauce just gives all the warm feels, in all the right places.
How To Make Cinnamon and Nutella Buns
Firstly, let’s talk about the dough for these cinnamon buns. This dough recipe delivers a soft and fluffy bun. It consists of flour, butter, eggs, sugar, yeast and milk.
Making the dough is pretty easy and it only needs a little resting time before it can be shaped and baked. While you wait for the dough to rise, you can quickly whip up the fudge sauce.
The addition of the nutella filling had me quite giddy at the thought of a gooey chocolatey center. Be sure to add a generous amount when you spread the dough.
Finally, the “icing on the cake” would be this topping the cinnamons off with this very rich and sultry fudge sauce. Lastly, the sugar and cinnamon coating gives these cinnamon buns the perfect crunchy texture as you bite through them.
Try more easy decadent treat recipes:
Peanut Butter and Caramel Chocolate Cups
Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate Smores
Pumpkin Doughnut Bites with Dark Chocolate Drizzle
Coconut and Almond Chocolate Bars
|Prep Time||40 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
- 1/2 cup milk
- 7 gr instant dry yeast sachet
- 1 large egg
- 350 gr cake flour
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons nutella
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- extra cinnamon sugar for coating
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 115 gr butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- pinch salt
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- Heat the milk until just before boiling point, leave to cool until slightly warm and add the yeast and egg. Mix and set aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl, combine the flour with the milk and yeast mixture.
- On low speed, add the butter and sugar and use the K- attachment to knead the dough. You can also knock the dough down on a floured surface.
- When the dough is springy and soft, cover with clingfilm and leave to double in size.
- Dust a clean surface with flour and roll the dough out to 1 cm thick.
- Spread the surface of the dough with nutella, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll the dough up from one end and seal the edges. Cut the roll of dough in pieces of about 3 cm thick.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar for the coating. Roll each cinnamon bun in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Place each cinnamon roll in a prepared muffin tin (sprayed with non stick cooking spray) and top with eggwash. Bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the fudge sauce by combining the sugars and butter in a small saucepan, on medium heat - until the sugar has melted.
- Add the milk to the melted sugar and butter and put the heat on high. Allow to boil for about 5 minutes, while whisking.
- Remove the fudge sauce from the stove top and add the vanilla essence and salt, mix again and serve with warm cinnamon buns.
Wow! These look like an indulgent treat. Love your pics! x