By now you should know that I love one pot wonders! This delicious recipe of Boerewors and Tomato Pilau, is an easy one pot dish, that can be prepared in a matter of minutes.
When the time came for me to prepare something for dinner, I was stuck (again), with only a few ingredients in my pantry. The freezer left little to be desired, and I was left cooking with boerewors, cherry tomatoes and basmati rice. However, this recipe of Boerewors and Tomato Pilau came to be such a delicious recipe; my hubby couldn’t get enough of it!
Please remember that it is a very daunting task to cook for a male that doesn’t consume anything resembling a vegetable, and it is merely impossible to disguise these awful ingredients so that he doesn’t notice them. In his own words “vegetables belong in the dustbin”! Seriously?
So on that note, every dish I create has to be something delicious with a minimum selection of ingredients. What a challenge! At least he enjoyed my Boerewors and Tomato Pilau and even offered to help execute this great, easy recipe.
It is also a super idea to use whatever leftover meat or braaivleis you have in the fridge to add to a rice pilau. What is a pilau you might ask?
Pilau or Pilaf is a common rice dish from Turkish origin, mainly consisting of fragrant rice cooked in a broth or stock, containing meat and/ or vegetables. A one pot wonder in my eyes! You have to admit – I would rather end up with as little dirty dishes as possible for the next morning!
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 500 gr boerewors
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 birds eye chili chopped
- 4 cups good quality beef stock
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- few sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and black pepper to season
- Heat a medium sauce pan and brown sausage or wors until done.
- Remove from heat; add olive oil, and sauté the garlic and chili.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the stock.
- Add the basmati rice and bring to the boil, lowering the heat and keeping it on a low temperature.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, herbs and season to taste.
- Finally add the cooked sausage, cover and cook on low heat until the rice is done.
My Family Loved it. I am definitely sharing Guys, Thanks For sharing this Great Recipe. this recipe and this website with my friend. Hope they also love it. Thank you again for sharing such a great recipe.